Thursday, May 27, 2010

My entire life fits into 2 suitcases

It's the day before leaving for Cochabamba, and I am getting a little nervous because I have so much to do. I have finished packing, but I am still trying to figure out how to work my new netbook computer. It is getting really frustrating though since I have been working with a Mac for the past 3 years and now I have to relearn how to work a PC. It's going well, though. I already have my entire iTunes library loaded, a bunch of family photos, and all I have left to do is put some of Ryan's movies on the computer so I will be fully entertained in Bolivia.

I'm also currently hoping that my knee holds up while in Bolivia, and I don't want it to prevent me from doing anything fun and adventurous like hikes, white-water rafting, or possibly hand-gliding through the Andes. It's very frustrating to have a knee problem that is persistent, but I will have to deal with it, and I know that it won't stop me from having an amazing time.

I can't wait to finally meet my host family, start my internship, and meet the other interns. My host family seems amazing. The mom and dad are both retired but were a teacher and a biochemist respectively. One of the daughters (my sister) lives in Mexico and is a doctor. My other sister is 33 and an architect, and she lives at home with her daughter who is 9. I bought the 9 year-old really cute headbands, nail polish, and lip gloss from Claire's that I think she will really love.

Well, I need to finish gathering my life, which happens to fit into two suitcases miraculously, and make sure I have everything I need to get the entry Visa, money in my account, etc. Please continue to read my blog as it will definitely get more interesting as I start loading photos and stories about my time in Bolivia.

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing about getting organized and ready to depart in just a couple of days. I'll miss you lots,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete