Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chuchaki = Chaki and Achachay = Alalay

All day yesterday, Esteban and I gathered information about other micro-credit institutions in Cochabamba to compare with CADEPIA. It was a little bit tedious, but it needed to be done. In the afternoon, Judozca (who works in the same room as Esteban and I), invited us to her friends birthday party that night. Of course we had to say yes.

So after work, I went to the gym and took a spinning class with Karin which turned out to be harder on my knee (and my butt) than I thought it would be. I think next time I'll just ride the bikes according to how I want to do it and not listen to the instructor. Then after the class, I hurried home to shower and get ready for the party. I didn't want to stay out too late or drink very much because I knew I had work in the morning. Turns out the party wasn't even all that much fun anyhow because most everyone was twice my age, no one was dancing, the music was slow, the music was too loud for me to understand what people were saying to me, and there were only about 15 people at the entire discoteca since the girl had only invited her very very best friends... therefore, a little awkward.

Well, I'm sitting at my desk now, the first one in the office. I hope the other two aren't very "chaki" (hungover) when they come in to work today. And now for a closing thought geared toward my own mother: My new mom REFUSES to let me wash my own dishes. She continually says "dejalo, nomas!" (leave it!) I really want to help because that's what I'm used to at home, but hey, I think I could get used to this too. I might just have a bit of culture shock when I return home and might have forgotten how to wash my own dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment