Thursday, July 22, 2010

So where did I leave off... Well I think it was Saturday. Turns out the girls from Northwestern went to Chapare, so we decided not to have the bonfire. Also, I saw rain for the first time in Bolivia, so that kind of prevented the bonfire as well. We still went to Katarin's for dinner though where I helped make about 5 pizzas! They were absolutely delicioso! We also made jello shots (mmmm) for afterward. While we were still in the process of making the pizzas, though, Matias, Katarin's 5 year old son, got a hold of the jello shots and said, "mmm, jello, can I have it while I wait for the pizza???" It was extremely hilarious and we had to pry it out of his hands telling him it was a trago (shot) and not for kids. So after dinner, the jello shot competition began. I hardly knew it would be a competition, but after 15 jello shots, I sure felt ready to head to bed. I was so exhausted from the night before, that I fell asleep at 9PM on Katarin's sofa! I was woken up at 2AM by Karin. And I happened to have a blanket covering my body and a pillow under my head... how deep was I sleeping? Anyways, Karin is a sweetheart and made sure I was comfortable even in my sleep.

Sunday was spent at the Hotel Portales pool again. The sun was out again. No more rain. At night, Natalia, Mansi, and I made quesadillas at their house. I was in charge of the guacamole and salsas. They were absolutely delicious and their entire family ate with us and enjoyed it.

The rest of this week was spent at the office creating the website. On Monday we met with the web page designer. He taught us how to enter our information onto the current website. This week we have basically been working to refine what we already have and enter all the information onto the website. Next week, we will be working with the designer so he can do all the coding since we have no idea how a PHP platform works (although I can know create basic HTML websites... yay me). Well we will be working to have the website be dual language, photo slideshow, mini entrance site for affiliates to upload their information, a search option, and basically making the design more user friendly. To see what we have so far, visit www.cadepia.org. We only have the information now, but you will at least be able to see the changes if you look at it now, and look at it at the end of next week.

Well last night, I went on my first date. If you can even call it that. I would like to think that it was NOT a date. Anyhow, I set up Esteban and Mansi because Mansi likes Esteban's teeth... or dientes. Mansi told me I had to come if she was going to go out with him. Esteban told me if I came I had to bring a date. Well, I wasn't about to bring my 35 year-old Bolivian stalker, Richard (who turns out to actually be un buen gente according to my work friends who know him because he is an affiliate). So instead, I turned to a boy I had met a while ago and who keeps texting me asking me to hang out with him. So all four of us ate at Paprika where I had the best margarita I have tasted in my entire life! After we wanted to go dancing at Tirana, but it was closed! So being my boring self, I went home and went to bed.

Also, I forgot to write about this... yesterday, my mommy made cunapes (which is a yucca bread with cheese pictured below), cheese empanadas (plain and picante), AND rollitos! They were all amazing and I am excited to go home right now and eat some more!

 Cunapes

Rollos

Well, I'm about to leave work to go find some portable speakers (parlantes portatiles... I need to remember that word) since I'm leaving for Santa Cruz tonight with Lucas and Mansi. Then I have to eat, finish packing, and I'm off to the Las Vegas of Bolivia. Pictures and more to come. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment