Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sometimes I do other things that don´t involve parties

Where to even begin...Well Tuesday was interesting because I spent much of the day lying on the bathroom floor with my head over the toilet, but hey, This Is Bolivia, so I have come to expect that. Good new though, I am still not afraid of tomatoes or any other raw vegetables that are placed in front of me. On Wednesday I went back to work, and Yudozca, the woman that works in my office invited Esteban and I to a party for her younger sister who was returning home from Argentina (the sister lives there). I went with my sister, and we talked, I got to hear her sister play the violin amazingly, and we had an interminable pizza (basically a pizza that is the size of a medium-sized circular table about 3.5 feet in diameter).

On Thursday, Esteban and I basically finished up the website we have created for CADEPIA. Then at night it was Festival de La Paz, so of course we had to go out. Mansi and I first met at a pizza restaurant to hang out with this guy we had met the weekend before, but then we didn´t want to see him, so we just left and stood him up. Instead we bought a bottle of wine and made spaghetti at her house. Then we took the bottle of wine to the streets to finish it up and met Lucas at the festival. We had this delicious hot milk drink with cinnamon and Singani.



I have no idea what it is called, but it is muy rico. We stayed out late meaning the next morning I really did not want to get up for work.

When I kiss boys they enjoy it...
When they kiss me, it's torture... I guess I haven't grown out of my disgust of kisses.

Friday seems like it passed in a second. In the morning Esteban and I went to the post office to see about CADEPIA´s current situation since they used to have a P.O. box but hadn´t paid in about 15 years. Turns out they gave our mailbox away and don´t even have a record of us in the system. This is a great thing because that means they have no proof of the debt CADEPIA is really in with them, so we can just go ahead and get a new P.O. Box. We need one because we want to start getting donations and people are going to need an address to send their checks to. Well Friday night, I left work early after I presented the website to my supervisor who was really impressed. I hung out with my sister and niece for a while and then met up with everyone at Mansi´s where they were playing catcho and drinking rum. We then went to Tirana and I was talking with this boy that is half Bolivian but he lives in the U.S. Turns out he was only 18, so we all decided to leave to go to Pimienta. Soon after, everyone wanted to leave and, once again, it was just me and Mansi. We met some Australian boys and we hung out with them the rest of the night. I think I got home around 4AM, so I am a bit tired right now. I did wake up in time, though, to go get fitted for the leather coat I am having made for me.

That´s it for now. Pictures to come, and more stories about the fogata I am going to attend with my family tonight. We are each designing our own pizza. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment